There are some administrative tasks that only the Databricks account owner or account administrators can perform. The account owner is typically the user who created the Databricks account. Account admins can be added, initially by the account owner, and then by other account admins, in the account console.
This section covers account management for accounts on the E2 version of the platform. If your account is on another version of the Databricks platform, see Manage your Databricks account (legacy). All new Databricks accounts and most existing accounts are now E2. If you are unsure which account type you have, contact your Databricks representative.
- Access the account console (E2)
- Delegate account administration
- Create and manage workspaces using the account console
- Manage delegated credential configurations using the account console (E2)
- Manage storage configurations using the account console (E2)
- Manage network configurations using the account console (E2)
- View billable usage using the account console (E2)
- Create a new workspace using the Account API
- Create a cross-account IAM role
- Configure AWS storage
- Use automation templates to create a new workspace using the Account API
- Provision Databricks workspaces with Terraform (E2)
- Manage a workspace end-to-end using Terraform
Some account tasks are identical for E2 and legacy accounts: