A Databricks admin is a member of the
An admin can manage user accounts using the Admin Console, the SCIM API, or a SCIM-enabled identity provider like Okta or Azure Active Directory. This article discusses user management using the Admin Console.
You can use the Users tab on the Admin Console to:
- Add and remove users.
- Grant and revoke Workspace and SQL Analytics entitlements.
- Grant and revoke the ability to create clusters (if cluster access control has been enabled for the workspace).
- Grant and revoke membership in the
You can also perform the following user management tasks in other parts of the Admin Console, covered in other articles:
- Add users to groups. See Manage groups.
- Assign instance profiles to users. See Step 5: Add the instance profile to Databricks.
Go to the Admin Console.
On the Users tab, click Add User.
Enter the user email ID.
Click Send invite.
Databricks sends a confirmation email with a temporary password. If the user does not receive the confirmation email within 5 minutes, ask the user to check their spam folder.
The user is added to the workspace.
Although the Workspace access and SQL Analytics checkboxes are not selected, the user inherits these entitlements as a member of the
users group, which has the entitlements. Workspace admins can remove the entitlements from the
users group and assign them individually to users on the Users page. For information about the SQL Analytics access entitlement, see Grant a user access to SQL Analytics.
If cluster access control is enabled, the user is added without the cluster creation entitlement.
If the user previously existed in the workspace, the user’s previous entitlements are restored.
Another way to add users is with single sign-on (SSO).
- Go to the Admin Console.
- On the Users tab, find the user and click the at the far right of the user row.
- Click Remove User to confirm.