Partner Connect is in Public Preview.
Jump directly to the list of Databricks Partner Connect partners.
Some partner solutions allow you to integrate with only Databricks SQL endpoints or Databricks clusters, but not both. For details, see the partner documentation.
These solutions allow you to:
- Load data from external data sources into local Delta Lake tables.
- Create and manage extract-transform-load (ETL) and extract-load-transform (ELT) data pipelines through simplified user interfaces.
For a list of participating partners, see Databricks Partner Connect partners.
- Your Databricks account must be on the Databricks Premium or Enterprise Plan. This is because Partner Connect uses Databricks SQL, which is available only on these plans. To view your Databricks account details, use the account console.
- Your Databricks workspace must be on the E2 version of the Databricks platform. This is because Partner Connect uses Databricks service principals, which are available only on this version of the platform. To determine whether your workspace is on the E2 version of the Databricks platform, contact your Databricks representative.
- To create new connections to partner solutions, you must first sign in to your workspace as a Databricks admin. For information about Databricks admins, see Manage users.
- For all other Partner Connect tasks, you must first sign in to your workspace as a Databricks admin; or a Databricks user who has at least the Workspace access entitlement and, if you are working with SQL endpoints, the Databricks SQL access entitlement. For more information, see Manage users.
Make sure your Databricks account, workspace, and the signed-in user all meet the requirements for Partner Connect.
Ensure that you are in the Databricks SQL environment. Use the sidebar persona-switcher if necessary.
In the sidebar, click Partner Connect.
Click the tile for the partner that you want to connect your workspace to. If the tile has a check mark icon, stop here, as your workspace is already connected. Otherwise, follow the on-screen directions to finish creating the connection.
To work with your new connection, see the corresponding Details in the list of Databricks Partner Connect partners.
This section describes how to complete key tasks that are associated with Partner Connect.
Partner solutions in the Data Ingestion category in Partner Connect can create databases and tables in your workspace. These databases and tables are owned by the partner solution’s associated service principal in your workspace.
By default, these databases and tables can be accessed only by the service principal and by Databricks admins in your workspace. To allow other users in your workspace to access these databases and tables, use the SQL GRANT statement. To get access details for an existing database or table, use the SQL SHOW GRANT statement.
To allow a Databricks SQL endpoint to access data outside of Databricks, see Configure access to cloud storage.
This section provides information to help address common issues with Partner Connect.
Issue: When you try to connect your Databricks workspace to a partner solution by using Partner Connect, an error displays, and you cannot create the connection.
There are multiple reasons why this issue may occur:
- If multiple individuals within an organization try to create an account with a partner, only the first individual will succeed. This is because the partner may offer some accounts at only the organizational level.
- If you already have an account with the partner, the connection may still fail. This is because the partner may try to create a duplicate account.
Do one of the following:
- Ask the first individual who created the organizational account with the partner to add your email address to that account. Then bypass Partner Connect and sign in to the partner account directly to begin using the partner’s solution.
- Try making the connection again through Partner Connect, but this time, specify an email address that is not associated with your organization’s domain, such as a personal email address. This may require you to also add that email address as a user to your Databricks workspace.
- Bypass Partner Connect and sign in to the partner directly with your existing account, and begin using the partner solution.
If your workspace is not already connected after you sign in to the partner, complete the connection by following the instructions in the Details section in the list of Databricks Partner Connect partners.
Issue: For a partner solution that uses Partner Connect to sign in to the partner’s account or website, when you click Sign In, Partner Connect opens a new tab in your web browser and a pop-up blocker is displayed. This pop-up blocker prevents you from signing in to the partner’s account or website.
Cause: Your web browser is blocking pop-ups.
Solution: Allow pop-ups for the partner’s website in your web browser. Specific instructions vary by web browser. For example, for Google Chrome, see Block or allow popups in Chrome on the Google Chrome Help website. For other web browsers, search the Internet with a phrase such as “how do I allow pop-ups for a specific website?”
Explore these resources to learn more about Partner Connect.