This article describes how to set up Repos for Git integration for notebooks using GitLab through the UI.
By default version control is enabled. To toggle this setting, see Manage the ability to version notebooks in Git. If Git versioning is disabled, the Git Integration tab is not available in the User Settings screen.
Configuring version control involves creating access credentials in your version control provider and adding those credentials to Databricks.
Go to GitLab and create a personal access token that allows access to your repositories:
From GitLab, click your user icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Preferences.
Click Access Tokens in the sidebar.
Enter a name for the token.
write_repositorypermissions, and click Create personal access token.
Copy the token to your clipboard. Enter this token in Databricks in the next step.
See the GitLab documentation to learn more about how to create and manage personal access tokens.
- Click Settings at the lower left of your screen and select User Settings.
- Click the Git Integration tab.
- If you have previously entered credentials, click the Change settings button.
- In the Git provider drop-down, select GitLab.
- Paste your token into the Token field.
- Enter your GitLab username or email into the Git provider username or email field and click Save.