This release has been deprecated. For more information about the Databricks Runtime deprecation policy and schedule, see Databricks Runtime Versioning and Support Lifecycle.
The following release notes provide information about the Spark 2.0.1-db1 cluster image powered by Apache Spark.
In this release, Spark refers to Apache Spark 2.0.1. For more information, please see Apache Spark 2.0.1 release notes. This version includes the following extra bug fixes:
- SPARK-17697 [ML]: Fixed bug in summary calculations that pattern match against label without casting
- SPARK-17721 [ML][MLLIB]: Fix for multiplying transposed SparseMatrix with SparseVector
- SPARK-17712 [SQL]: Fix invalid pushdown of data-independent filters beneath aggregates
- SPARK-16343 [SQL]: Improve the PushDownPredicate rule to pushdown predicates correctly in non-deterministic condition.
- Fixed special characters escaping using
\in R notebooks.
- For Scala 2.10 version, you can now use classes defined in one Scala notebook cell in another cell inside the same notebook.
- Performance improvement (partial aggregation support) on queries using percentile_approx.
- Apache Hadoop upgraded to 2.7.3 from 2.7.2.
- The default value of
mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.algorithm.versionchanged from 1 to 2.