This feature is in Public Preview. Contact your Databricks representative to request access.
You can use the Databricks SQL UI or a BI tool to develop SQL applications.
The Databricks SQL UI lets you:
- Use SQL commands to perform ad-hoc and exploratory data analysis on your data lake
- Quickly develop agile dashboards to test and validate business requirements
- Track KPIs with automatic alerts or dashboard refresh on the latest data
BI tools provide:
- A no code, drag and drop interface for data analytics
- Enterprise-wide distributed reports and dashboards
- Complex interconnected dashboards for advanced parameter filtering and customization
This guide provides information about how to use the Databricks SQL UI to run queries, create visualizations, dashboards, and alerts, how to connect BI tools to Databricks SQL compute resources, and how to manage access to data, objects, and APIs.